The fall season has once again arrived. We are now experiencing crisp autumn weather once again while playing a balancing act between the climatic yo-yo and all the fall activities that accompany the seasonal change. However, with temperatures having dropped, it’s safe to say that it’s likely your thermostat settings have been raised to accommodate the weather change. So, along with these seasonal changes, what can homeowners do to maximize their HVAC system’s capacity? We have a few tips that may intrigue you. So, keep reading the following from your Bexley Heating & Cooling family as we go through a few fall HVAC checklist items.
1. Your Fall HVAC Checklist: How Are the Humidity Levels in Your Home?
Your residential HVAC system has two foundational purposes it is meant to perform. One is to cool or heat your home and maintain that temperature well. The second is to control the level of humidity in your house. With autumn now here, it’s important to be aware of the dry air potentially becoming a problem. Dry air occurring does depend on several factors, such as your home’s layout, or if it is sealed off properly, etc. Of course, the weather changes play a huge part too. So, although it may not be a problem just yet, as the weather continues to decrease and with winter around the bend, the air quality in your home may begin to lack the appropriate moisture. Thus, it would be wise to remember this and act proactively as needed.
So, can you control the humidity indoors during these next few months? This is a great question! You can do this by monitoring and controlling humidity. Here are some ideas:
- You may utilize a whole-home humidifier or a portable humidifier. When the furnace is turned on, it performs its job by warming up the air within your home. When this happens, the indoor air expands, which creates drier air. This then leads to discomfort for the skin and breathing issues which can cause adverse side effects such as nosebleeds, cracked skin, etc. Call us for more information on whole-home humidifiers.
- You can keep track of the humidity settings on your smart thermostat.
- You can use a humidity monitor if you have a smart thermostat installed. Fortunately, humidity monitors are affordable, and there are a number of options to choose from.
2. Your Fall HVAC Checklist: Do You Have Any Fall HVAC PROJECTS That Need to Be Completed?
With the weather more agreeable, we consider autumn to be the ideal time to complete HVAC-related fall projects that may have been placed on the back burner. A few fall projects you can safely perform are:
- If you have not done so already, book your fall tune-up and safety check with Bexley Heating & Cooling. We recommend this as per the manufacturer, your furnace or air conditioner should be serviced once a year. So, with it being fall, your furnace is likely due for its yearly tune-up and safety check.
- If your attic insulation is not at least 10 inches thick per industry standards, you may add additional insulation to your attic if necessary.
- Inspect the seals around your house where air may potentially leak. Good places to inspect would be all your doors and windows. You may need to reseal or replace any weatherstripping around worn-down windows and doors.
3. Your Fall HVAC Checklist: Have You Been Wanting to Upgrade Your HVAC System?
If you have been considering upgrading your HVAC system to a more energy-efficient system, now is the perfect time of the year to do so! The weather is just right, without being too hot or too cool. It truly is an ideal time of the year to upgrade your system. You can call us to book a free estimate so one of our NATE-certified technicians can come out to your home and assess your home and what equipment model would be the best fit for you. Furthermore, we are happy to say Bexley Heating & Cooling offers financing. So, if you’re interested, our friendly customer service representatives would be pleased to answer any of your questions. Contact us for more information today!
You can rely on Bexley Heating & Cooling for any of your HVAC concerns. Call us today at (614) 924-7856, or schedule an appointment online now by clicking here! And before we forget, we hope you have a great fall season full of love and wonderful memories with your loved ones.